Edward de Gale, Toronto Pianist, Songwriter and Poet

Monday, January 30, 2017

Unfriending Facebook Friends

Today I went from 386 Facebook Friends to 252.

Basically I trimmed the fat. Everyone whom I barely knew, didn't know that well, only met once, never met at all - they all got Unfriended.

Some of them were also old friends that I just don't socialize with any more.

I wanted to get 250 even, but I discovered I was unwilling to part with 2 more of them.

Some of the people I did keep were Canadian celebrities I have only met once or twice, so but I ended up unfriending at least 30 celebrities - especially politicians.

I probably could have unfriended many more, but that would likely have been upsetting to some people.

There may even people I later re-friend again, which means they will have earned their place. And others in the future whom I unfriend, so maybe someday I will reach that nice round number of 250.

I did this partially for privacy reasons. The more friends a person has on Facebook that you barely know, the less privacy you have - and the more likely that your privacy will be invaded.

I have also been updating my privacy settings. I would like to be able to update them further to tighten up security.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List