Edward de Gale, Toronto Pianist, Songwriter and Poet

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Soapstone Carving - How To Video

I found the video below very interesting.

The video is a how to video on making soapstone sculptures. I have always wanted to get into soapstone carving, but the tools look a bit intimidating and a huge investment for something that for me would be a bit of a lark. I prefer hobbies that are less expensive to try before getting into them full time.

I suppose if I could find a soapstone carving class somewhere in Toronto then it would be okay, because it would be cheaper and I would have the teacher practically holding my hand while I make mistakes. But getting into stone carving is just too much for me right now.

I will stick with my woodworking projects instead. Wood carving is much easier for me and takes less money to get into.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List